Just writing the title of this post, I feel like a maniac. How on earth do you even punctuate such a cookie concoction?
See, I was having the kind of day where I just needed a cookie–a good old classic, dunk-it-in-a-glass-of-milk kind of cookie. It also happened to be the kind of day that I couldn’t make a decision to save my life. Can I get away with wearing the brown boots with a black sweater, should I vacuum the house or do my taxes, do I feel like oatmeal-raisin cookies or chocolate chip or peanut butter…
…you can probably see where this is going. My indecision led to continuing not to care if black matches brown, not vacuuming or working on my taxes (by far the easiest choice of the day), and jamming everything that’s good in the world in 1 crazy cookie. It turns out, indecision can occasionally be a good thing and sometimes not showing an ounce of restraint actually works out. These cookies are majorly satisfying and just the thing to bake when you’re having a just-need-a-cookie sort of day.
Raid your cupboard and let’s bake some cookies!
Soften a stick of butter, grab some oats, baking powder and soda, an egg, and brown sugar. Now for the fun stuff! Chunky peanut butter, chocolate chips, and raisins.
Cream the butter and sugar, mix in the peanut butter, and beat in the egg.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the creamed butters, then stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and raisins. I thought about streamlining and just throwing a box of raisinets in my cookies, but my grocery store didn’t have any. I guess I should have done my grocery shopping at a movie theater instead.
Drop balls of dough on cookie sheet, press them flat with your palms, and pop them in the oven.
Pull the cookies out of the oven while they’re still soft in the middle. Make a grab for the milk and have one while they’re still warm. I wish indecision always worked out this well.
- 1 c. All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ c. (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 c. Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ c. Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 c. Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¾ c. Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- ¾ c. Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, 2-3 minutes. Add the peanut and beat until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the egg, and beat until well incorporated.
- Decrease the speed to medium-low and slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed butter. When the flour has been incorporated, stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and raisins.
- Working with about 2 Tbsp. of dough at a time, form 1inch balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets with and flatten slightly with your palm. Bake the cookies, rotating the pans halfway through, until the edges are set and lightly browned, about 12 minutes. The centers of the cookies should still look slightly underdone when you remove them from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. The cookies will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for several days.
Plus, a few more recipes sure to crush your cookie craving: